Trailhead Volunteers: Ready to help younger scouts progress to First Class? We will have hundreds of Scouts at this important area and need all the volunteers we can get. Any Eagle Scouts that are looking to help, this is the perfect area for you. You do not have to be 18 to help.
To learn more about Volunteering, click here.
Trailhead Map and Compass: 2nd and 1st Class, each Scout should bring a compass. If you don't have a compass, we cannot sign off on your card.
The following Trailhead advancement is available:
- Tenderfoot: 4a, 4b, 4c, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12a, 12b
- Second Class: 1a, 1b, 2, 3c, 3d, 3e, 3f, 6, 7a, 7b, 7c,8a, 8b, 8c, 9b
- First Class: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 8c, 8d, 9a, 9b, 9c, 11
NEW 2016 REQUIREMENTS:
- Scout: 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 1e, 1f, 4a, 4b, 5
- Tenderfoot: 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 4a, 4b, 4d, 5a, 5b, 5c, 7a, 8
- Second Class: 1b, 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2f, 2g, 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 4, 5a, 5b, 5c, 5d, 6a, 6b, 6c,6d,6e,8b,9a,9b
- First Class: 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 5c, 5d, 6a, 6b, 6e, 7a, 7b, 7c, 9a
Advance registration for trailhead helps in arranging for trailhead staff and assistants, planning trailhead events, and purchasing accurate trailhead supplies. Make sure to register early to reserve your sessions and help make the camp experience more enjoyable for all by enabling us to be prepared!
If you have any Trailhead questions please contact:
Trailhead Director - Ben Reed - firstname.lastname@example.org
- The most heavily attended station will be KNOTS AND LASHINGS, which will cover two Tenderfoot requirements and four First Class requirements.
- The HIKE... More Than Just a Hike... We will have one hike which leaves in the morning and continues into the early afternoon. Click HERE for more information.
- The FIRST AID station will cover two Tenderfoot requirements, three Second Class requirements and three First Class requirements.
- The FLAG FOLDING/RAISING station, which also including a visit with a community leader, will see scouts complete all or some of the two Tenderfoot requirements and one First Class requirement.
- At the MISCELLANEOUS station scouts need to identify 10 kinds of wild animals. For scouts who prefer to identify 10 kinds of plants, we will take them on a nature hike so they can complete those requirements.
- At TRAILHEAD SWIM, we will travel to Deer Valley High School from the Bus Stop. Trailhead swim is not an instructional program but will verify your ability to swim.
An adult troop leader must accompany all scouts working on swimming tests for Second or First class at the swimming pool.
- We will hold two sessions in the morning and the afternoon dealing with KNIVES AND AXES, where the scouts can earn their Totin' Chip cards.
Scoutmasters are requested to be available for Scoutmaster’s conferences for his Scouts either during the camp or as soon as possible after camp.